Friday, November 21, 2008

Inaugural Post

Ladies, Gentlemen and everyone else,
Welcome to the Drug Dealing Sports Fan's opinionated, satirical and hopefully a little bit informative sports blog. This being the initial post, I should tell you a little bit about myself to let you know where I am coming from.

I grew up in the Kansas City area, rooting for the Chiefs, the Royals and the recently crowned National Champion Kansas Jayhawks. I just recently graduated from the University of Kansas (2007) and came away with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree (aaahhhh... now you get the drug dealer part). I lived, breathed and died Kansas basketball and football (yes football for all you doubters out there) for all my 6 years of college.

I have seen the Chiefs go from good to bad to worse (see: Carl Peterson).

And I have seen the Royals have one good year(2003: 83-79), waste an innumerable amount of first round draft picks on projects with no hope, and dream of a time when I was only 2 when Los Royals behind the infamous George Brett won the I-70 Series. Kansas City is great sports town with a plethora of good major and minor college sports teams and a couple of pro teams with continued hopes for the future.

Back to who I am... I just completed a residency in Pharmacy Practice at Children's Mercy Hospital in Kansas City (where I met Ricky, who put up with my random sports ramblings despite a lack of productive or coherent sentences due to too much work, coffee and an inability to find enough sleep). When I completed my residency and got married -oh yeah, I mentioned that right - to my beautiful, understanding, and Jayhawk-loving wife Laura, we moved to the Denver, Colorado for new careers and excitement.

With the move came cool new jobs, but also sports fans who root for the Broncos - Chiefs fans don't like Broncos except for the ones on their fantasy football teams and never John Elway - and Buff fans who are too busy getting high (by going into the mountains of course) and consider their football program one of the elite in college football *shrug*.

Needless to say, I am not getting the same sports fix with the teams I love, so I decided to blog about them. While I'm at it, I thought I'd blog about other sports that come up and excite me (mostly college basketball and the NFL). This is the intro, so no wonderful, prophetic or candy-flavored predictions with this post, but those are up soon! Hope everyone enjoys and please feel free to add comments, suggestions, tips, point out my errors, ask for pharmaceutical advice, suggest good recipies, give financial advice or just ramble on your own whenever you find it fit!

Thanks, DDSF (Drug Dealing Sports Fan)

1 comment:

  1. But we can be Nuggets fans, right? Just not Broncos...
    Can't wait to be a guest columnist! I'm going to write about going from Manhattan to Lawrence and having no idea what KU basketball was before I stepped foot on campus.

    ReplyDelete