Monday, February 2, 2009

Technical Difficulties

Sorry about today. This post should be riddled with information and only lightly substantiated opinions about College Basketball and the NFL game on Sunday, but there were some computer issues (which have resolved) mandating this post be short (due to the fact that this is not my full time job).

My picks for the two college basketball games tonight.

UConn @ Louisville
UConn has ascended to the #1 ranking in the land. Meaning they will lose.

Louisville is turning into a great team (they beat West Virginia handily while commiting 26 turnovers) and are playing @ home. Like I said on Friday, good teams find ways to win at home when it counts. The Pitino Generic Mascots win and take over the top spot in the Big East.

Kansas @ Baylor
My Jayhawks are taking the long trip to Waco to face a recently down-trodden Bears team. The Bears are coming off a loss to Mizzou on Saturday and now have a sub .500 record in confercence play. Not good.

Kansas is coming off of a home win over Colorado to go to 6-0 in the conference. The Jayhawks managed to win despite allowing the Buffaloes to trim a 21 point lead to 2 in the second half. But the Jayhawks did crack the Top 25 rankings for the first time in 2009.

I look for Kansas to take care of business (Collins has a good day on national TV). It should be a good game though, as both teams like to play fast tempo (last year KU won 100-90) and both have plenty of weapons.



Just one thought today from my Sunday NFL watching experience.
The Misses and I traveled North to Westminster to watch the game with our friends (my old roommate and his wife) from college Dave and Mary. They have a nice house and an HD tv, so we had plenty of food and a good time.

During the game I was explaining to them my new found fun in centsports.com with the free betting. Dave seemed pretty intrigued by the idea and thought it would be fun to make small wagers (all bets = 50 cents) throughout the game on trite items.

Anyway, Dave and I had 2 bets going that lasted the entire game. One, I said the Cards would get less than 42 rushing yards for the day and Dave took the over. I did win.

The other, and the entire purpose of this story, was that Dave said Fitzgerald would have 2 touchdown catches in the game. I figured why not?

So you know that Fitz caught his second TD catch with less than 3 minutes left and gave the Cards the lead. He was ecstatic!

He was so ecstatic he ran up to my face (I dont think he realized the significance of the play for the whole game) and screamed mildly intoxicated and highly maniacal:

"YOU OWE ME BITCH!"

And started running around the room in jubilation.

...

...

Over 50 cents.



More tomorrow.

DDSF

No comments:

Post a Comment