Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New Layout, new year, new thoughts, same old awesomeness

Starting today, DDSF will have a new layout and hopefully a more frequent update (ok, atleast some updates).

The question that I want to start with is this:

Why are the olympics not live at every second of the day?

Seriously. Can you tell me that (especially early in the olympics) there are not events that are happening at every second of the day? Please.

I watched the US women's hockey team the other day on USA. Not bad, something new to watch, I'm open for new things. Then I turned on the TV the next day to Universal HD, the USA channel in HD, and there was the exact same game in HD. Why is this a problem?

BECAUSE IT WAS NOT LIVE!!! WHY HAVE THE LO DEF VERSION OF SOMETHING YOU ARE GOING TO BROADCAST IN HI DEF A DAY LATER?!?!?

The biggest beef I have may be because of the time zone that I live in. Our local networks seem to be contractually obligated to show the "prime time" TV at the same time as central. So when the olympics start at 7pm Central time, they also start at 7pm Mountain time. Ick. Just irritating. If I want to know the results of something after the fact, I wouldn't watch it. Which is what is ending up happening. I love the olympics, but when I dont have any suspense (I know, if I wanted it I could just wait) I dont get into it as much.

Anyway, think it over, get back to me and let me know.

New question tomorrow,
DDSF

No comments:

Post a Comment